Whew! It's finally done for those that have been following. The whole project stalled for a while because I didn't know where I wanted to go with it as far as design. But now it's finished and I have more room to work in my garage!!
It all started with a vintage horizontal locker row. The framing was easy around the whole piece. Figuring out what to do from there was the part that slowed me down.
Once I had a plan, off I went. I had a good bit of wood left over from other projects so I used that up.
The grooved plywood sheets really got me excited because I knew I could go to town with some custom painting, distressing and aging.
Some remnant trim up top caps things off. I spent a lot of time sanding and distressing the whole piece as, I hope, you can tell.
Here's where a lot more of the functionality came in with the lockers at the bottom and the large wire baskets fiting snugly into their own squares. I crafted some custom metal slats as guides and slide protectors under each wire basket. That way it protects the wood from scratches.
Some heavy-duty metal casters keep this whole piece off the ground and rolling for convenience.
It's great to be finished with large projects like this and be happy with the results. Now it's time for it to find a new home!
MEASUREMENTS: 84" high; 53" wide; 19" deep.